Each month it seems as if there’s a new trendy health food, such as pomegranate and coconut water. Yet, many of these health foods can be hard to find and often tough on the wallet.
Here are my 5 must-have health foods that should be in everybody’s kitchen. And, here’s the best part…they can all be found for under a dollar!
- Canned Salmon: high in omega-3s, a great food for your heart.
- Low-Sodium Canned Beans: rinse them under cold water to lower the amount of salt. Use this instead of ground beef in chili and tacos.
- Rutabaga: a healthier substitute for potatoes due to its high fiber intake, calcium, folate, and vitamin C.
- Butternut Squash: a great source of vitamins A, B1, B3, B6, C, and E. Roast it or puree it into a soup for delicious meals.
- Eggs: a great alternative to meat with its high amount of protein and lots of vitamins and minerals. One egg is only 70 calories!
For more healthy foods for under a dollar check out this link on WebMd.
You can also listen to my podcast on this topic: